The Scottish Government has published a new strategy, setting out Scotland’s air quality framework for the next five years.
The new strategy titled Cleaner Air for Scotland 2 – Towards a Better Place for Everyone replaces Cleaner Air for Scotland – The Road to a Healthier Future. The strategy sets out a series of actions to deliver further air quality improvements, building largely on the work of a previous review, published in 2019.
The strategy is shaped around 10 general themes:
- Health – A Precautionary Approach.
- Integrated Policy.
- Public Engagement and Behaviour Change.
- Industrial Emissions Regulation.
- Tackling Non-Transport Emissions Sources.
- Governance, Accountability and Delivery.
- Further Progress Review.