We are looking to employ a suitably qualified and motivated individual to undertake the duties of authorised officer within the commercial team of the Environmental Health & Trading Standards service. You will be undertaking food safety official controls along with other public health functions of the team. You should hold the necessary higher certificates for food hygiene and food standards issued by the Scottish Food Safety Officers Registration Board.
The skills and knowledge you must have:-
- Scottish Food Safety Officers Registration Board, Higher Certificate in food premises inspections.
- Scottish Food Safety Officers Registration Board, Higher Certificate in food standards inspections.
- Sound knowledge of food safety.
- Demonstration of ongoing professional development.
- Experience of dealing with a wide cross section of people, with particular reference to dealing with members of the public and businesses.
- Experience of handling complaints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Administrative skills with regards to record keeping; report writing and; analysis of issues.
- Ability to build good relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to deal positively with change.
- Ability to take personal responsibility and make decisions
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and self-motivate.
- Ability to research and investigate issues on their own initiative.
- Influencing skills.
For more information and to apply see myjobscotland.