Proposed Interview Dates: 17 – 19 March 2021
Closing Date: Sunday 7 March 2021
As part of the application process, you must provide a Supporting Statement which tells us how your skills and experience make you a good candidate. More information is available on our Career site under How to Apply. Without this, your application may not be progressed.
These posts are an exciting opportunity to gain experience of working within the Trading Standards and Environmental Health Teams, covering Food & Workplace Safety and Public Protection.
A full driving licence is required, as is a flexible approach to out of hours and weekend working.
The principal role will be to carry out public health compliance duties in respect of the Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Regulations 2020, and to assist other officers in their duties under the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Directions by Local Authorities) (Scotland) Regulations 2020.
You will also assist Environmental Health and Trading Standards colleagues with other enforcement duties, including those associated with EU departure such as food export health certification.
You may also be required to work some evenings and weekends.
You will be educated to HNC level or an appropriate equivalent, have experience of applying standards or regulations, and have a knowledge of public health legislation and general law and interpreting and applying standards and guidance.
You must have the ability to work with minimum supervision and exercise judgement and initiative. You will be a team worker with excellent communication skills.
· Role Profile – when preparing your supporting statement, review the role profile and think about how you meet the essential criteria Role Profile
· How We Work Matters – Our employees are expected to display and promote certain behaviours in the workplace. See our 'How We Work Matters' behaviour framework for more information.
· Employee Benefits – Employees have access to a benefits package that offers discounts on a wide range of products and services.
· Directorate Information – Council Department information
· Social Media – Search for more 'Fife Council Jobs' on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
For further information contact: Dawn Adamson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to job Advert on Fife Council Website can be found here