We are looking for talented and suitably qualified EHOs to join our team. New qualified Officer and students sitting final exams in May will also be considered.
You will participate in the fulfilment of the statutory obligations of the Local Authority in terms of Environmental Health Legislation in order to protect Public Health.
This will involve delivery of Environmental Health Services in the areas of work as detailed below:-
Environmental Protection Team implements the Council’s statutory responsibility for delivery of Environmental Health Services in public health and pollution. Although based in the public health section, you will have the opportunity to deliver services across all functions within the team.
Commercial Team ensure that statutory requirements are complied with in relation to Food, Health and Safety, Animal Health and Welfare, Licensing and Port Health. You will be responsible for undertaking inspections and investigations and determining the best course of action to resolve issues found.
Both roles involve ensuring that risks to public health and safety are adequately controlled and that the requirements of legislation are met, taking enforcement action where necessary. You will also be required to maintain relevant databases; produce reports, encourage compliance with the law and enhancement of public health through promotion, education and advice.
The posts may require occasional out of hours work. You will receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including:
– Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual leave of 27 days per year increasing to 32 days per year after 5 years of continuous service and a maximum of 35 days after 10 years.
- A further 7 paid public holidays
- Flexible working opportunities including flexi-time.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Work out with normal office hours to meet service delivery requirements
- Participate in the Environmental Health duty rota
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- Proven ability to write reports and keep accurate records
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Proven ability to plan and organise work effectively
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:-
- BSc (Hons) in Environmental Health or equivalent qualification
- REHIS Diploma in Environmental Health or equivalent qualification
- Full current UK driving licence
For further informal enquiries about the posts please contact Aileen Brodie, Principal Environmental Health Officer on 01224 522216/07801 302248 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and to apply see myjobscotland.