Asbestos is a very emotive word. It is not unusual for quite important decisions to be made on an improper understanding of asbestos risk. This course will review modern concepts of real and perceived risk, allowing a proper, rational, decision making process to be undertaken. The course will also discuss the classification of Asbestos Containing Materials and give an overview of associated working procedures.
– To recognise the difference between Real and Perceived asbestos risk;
– To be able to classify asbestos containing materials;
– To understand the differences between licensed work, non-licensed work and notifiable non licensed work.
– Asbestos: types, properties, uses, health hazards, Real v Perceived risk.
– 21st Century problem, Roger’s meso cycle, Duty to Manage, Asbestos Surveys.
– Asbestos works: licensed, non-licensed, notifiable non-licensed.
– Overview of work methods (what to look for).
The course is produced and delivered by Professor Roger Willey, Managing Director of ACS Physical Risk Control Ltd. Roger is a world leading consultant in asbestos and its management and has presented on the subject both internationally and at home.
Participation in the event carries a maximum CPD value of 9 hours (core activity) for the REHIS Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Scheme. (The amount of CPD claimed should be reflective of new knowledge gained at the event).
Space will be limited to 30 delegates
This event is £150 to members and £250 non-members – booking is essential.
Please complete the registration form in below document and return by email to Cameron Mc Auley at Cameron.firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to Jane Barks at email@example.com