The REHIS Annual Conference is the principal Environmental Health event to take place in Scotland and this year’s event was held in Renfrew at the Glynhill Hotel on 25 and 26 May. The conference proved to be a great success. Highlights included:
- a thought provoking Presidential Address by Acting President Rod House followed by a range of excellent presentations made by eminent speakers including a Keynote Address by Professor Jim McEwen, Chairman, Health Protection Advisory Group and a Close of Conference presentation on Listeria by Kaarin Goodburn, MBE, Director and Secretary General, Chilled Food Association…using Skype!
- the launch of the Gaelic website portal and of the Essentials of Food Hygiene in Gaelic.
- an exhibition by partner organisations.
- a very enjoyable conference dinner with representatives of our many partner organisations attending as guests.
- the presence throughout conference of representatives of partner organisations, local authority councillors and of course, many members of the Institute.
Presentations given by many of the speakers are available for REHIS Members to view and download at http://www.rehis.com/page/presentations-events