Food Standards Scotland have updated its guidance for food business operators (FBOs) and their employees on 28 August. It aims to assist all businesses in the food and drink sector in following government guidance on infection prevention and control measures against COVID-19. It has been produced with input from the food industry and Trade Unions and reflects the most up to date advice from Scottish and UK Government and Health Protection Scotland.
A summary of the changes in the update are as follows:
- Update to advice relating to individuals who were shielding and those at increased risk of infection
- Addition of extra questions
- Removal of dates regarding implementation of mandatory wearing of face coverings
- Addition of increased cleaning as an additional mitigation measure for hospitality businesses moving from 2m to 1m distancing
- Addition of link to Q&A for hospitality businesses
- Addition of text highlighting mandatory requirements for the hospitality sector to collect customer information