The Food Law Enforcement in Scotland – A Report on the Administrative and Enforcement Arrangements report, prepared by The Society of Chief Officers of Environmental Health in Scotland, The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland and the Scottish Food Enforcement Liaison Committee. The report, published this month by the Institute, represents the current arrangements and practice in Scotland and:
- discusses food law enforcement in Scotland
- identifies the structure for the uniform approach in Scotland
- demonstrates the positive partnership between local authorities, the Scottish Government, the Food Standards Agency in Scotland, trade organisations, consumer groups and other interested organisations
- illustrates Uniformity & Consistency, Performance, Service Delivery and Best Value
- demonstrates the comprehensive approach to Enforcement Officer training
- highlights the different legislative approach within Scotland under the umbrella of EU and UK legislation
- demonstrates support for the Food Standards Agency in Scotland.
The report can be accessed by clicking on the link below.