The Scottish Government has published their A Healthier Future: Scotland’s Diet & Healthy Weight Delivery Plan.
The vision set out in A Healthier Future: Scotland’s Diet & Healthy Weight Delivery Plan is for a Scotland where everyone eats well and has a healthy weight. As announced by the First Minister in May 2018, the delivery plan includes a guiding ambition to halve childhood obesity by 2030. This a bold but necessary ambition to ensure that more of our children have a healthy weight, and avoid health complications later in life.
The actions set out within the delivery plan provide clarity on how the Scottish Government, together with partners across the public and private sector, will help everybody in Scotland make healthier choices about food. This includes actions to ensure:
• Children have the best start in life – they eat well and have a healthy weight
• The food environment supports healthier choices
• People have access to effective weight management services
• Leaders across all sectors promote healthy weight and diet
• Diet-related health inequalities are reduced