We are seeking to employ 2 suitably qualified, experienced and motivated officers to contribute to the public health and safety protection demands within West Lothian. Based in the commercial team of the Environmental Health & Trading Standards service you will contribute to a varied and challenging workload. The team deals with food safety official controls, workplace safety, licensing, infectious disease controls, and water quality and safety. The service demands also require flexibility to contribute to other environmental health priorities as required. We are looking for officers who are keen to make a difference, deliver the best possible service and whose focus will be making West Lothian a better place to live and work.
The skills and knowledge you must have:-
- REHIS Diploma in Environmental Health (or equivalent professional qualification).
- Meet the necessary requirements of The Public Health etc. (Scotland) Act 2008 Designation of Competent Persons Regulations 2009.
- Meet all the necessary requirements for officer competence, enforcement and regulatory controls within the Food Law Code of Practice (Scotland) (where required to undertake food law enforcement activities within service delivery).
- Demonstration of ongoing professional development.
- Experience of dealing with a wide cross section of people, with particular reference to dealing with members of the public and businesses.
- Experience of handling complaints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Administrative skills with regards to record keeping; report writing and; analysis of issues.
- Ability to build good relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to deal positively with change.
- Ability to take personal responsibility and make decisions
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and self-motivate.
- Ability to research and investigate issues on their own initiative.
- Influencing skills.
For more information and to apply see myjobscotland.