The post holder will work under the direction of the Environmental Health Manager and be line managed by a Senior EHO. The duties are wide ranging and the post holder will be required to implement a wide range of constantlyThe post holder will work under the direction of the Environmental Health Manager and be line managed by a Senior EHO. The duties are wide ranging and the post holder will be required to implement a wide range of constantly evolving and changing environmental health legislation and corporate policies.
As an individual and as part of a team the post holder will contribute to the development of the environmental health service in all aspects as required by internal and external demands.
The post is initially focused on the work requirements within our Public Health, Pollution Control and Housing team.
The skills and experience you must have:
- REHIS Diploma in Environmental Health (or equivalent professional qualification).
- Meet the necessary requirements of The Public Health etc. (Scotland) Act 2008 Designation of Competent Persons Regulations 2009.
- Meet all the necessary requirements for officer competence, enforcement and regulatory controls within the Food Law Code of Practice (Scotland) where required to undertake food law enforcement activities within service delivery.
- Demonstration of ongoing professional development.
- Experience of dealing with a wide cross section of people, with particular reference to dealing with members of the public and businesses.
- Experience of handling complaints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Administrative skills with regards to record keeping; report writing and; analysis of issues.
- Ability to build good relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to deal positively with change.
- Ability to take personal responsibility and make decisions.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and self-motivate.
- Ability to research and investigate issues on their own initiative.
- Influencing skills.
Further information and application through MyJobScotland- Environmental Health Officer (Level 2).