The Health Promotion Service leads on approaches and services that maintain and improve health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities. This covers the life course, early years and children, adults and older adults.
We are recruiting one full-time Health Promotion Officer. Working primarily as part of the Workplace Team you will work directly with colleagues in the Health Promotion Service and in partnership with colleagues from Health & Social Care, NHS Fife and Fife Council, plus a range of third sector partners and private sector organisations and workplaces in Fife.
You will have particular responsibility for:
• Providing specialist advice and expertise to initiate action to promote health and wellbeing and reducing health inequalities across Fife, covering the Health Promotion Service portfolio.
• The workplace agenda as the main focus of the portfolio. You will be a member of the Workplace team and deliver national and local strategies through co-ordination, delivery and facilitation of core service delivery, projects and events in line with the Workplace team work plan. This will include work relating to the national Healthy Working Lives programme in Fife.
• Maintaining the awareness of Health Promotion Service, Workplace team and relevant programmes through marketing, communications and partnership working.
• Working with communities and staff working in the voluntary, private and statutory sector to build community capacity to improve the health and wellbeing of local populations.
• Consultation and community engagement.
You will have a wide range of experience in delivering evidence based interventions. You will be required to demonstrate your knowledge and experience of health promotion theory and action and the impact of inequalities on health. You will be required to demonstrate effective engagement strategies and approaches of working in the community in a collaborative manner.
You should be educated to degree level or equivalent with significant experience in Health Promotion, Public Health, Community Development or Health, Safety and Wellbeing setting.
Due to the exigencies of current service demand, preference will be given to applicants who are currently working in, or have previous experience in, the field of workplace health, safety and wellbeing, good work and employer engagement.
For informal enquiries please contact Alan Gow, Workplace Team by email to email@example.com or call 01383 565334 after receiving an application pack.
NHS Fife is legally obliged to ensure all its employees are legally entitled to work in the United Kingdom. All applicants are required to confirm their right to work in the UK in their application. If you are not a United Kingdom (UK), European Community (EC) or European Economic Area National please state the visa category under which you are legally entitled to work in the UK on your application form and the expiry date of your leave to remain in the UK.
For more information and to apply see NHS Scotland.