Closing Date: 17 April 2022
Proposed Interview Date: 27 April 2022
Salary Range: £38,312 to £46,065
As part of your application, you must provide us with a Supporting Statement which outlines to us how your skills and experience make you a good candidate for this vacancy. For more information, check out the How to Apply section of our Career Site. Without a Supporting Statement, your application will not be progressed. Please upload your Supporting Statement at the section marked ‘upload resumé’. Your Supporting Statement must not be a CV. More information is available on our Career site at www.fife.gov.uk/jobs/supportingstatement
To enforce the provisions of various statutes in assisting the Service Manager in the discharge of Environmental Health functions.
The main roles of the post will be to manage all operational and administrative duties within the remit of the Environmental Health (Food & Workplace Safety) Team and as allocated to you, such as
· The supervision of various areas of work/projects related to Team remit
· The investigation and enforcement of alleged contraventions of legislation,
· Supervisory responsibilities for finance and personnel, and
· Working out with normal hours will be required, including participation in Standby Service covering out of hours incidents & attendance at public meetings etc.
A link to the role profile is provided at the bottom of this advert. It provides more detailed information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
If you meet the essential qualification criteria outlined below, we’d like to hear from you:
· A BSc (Hons) or MSC in Environmental Health and a Diploma in Environmental Health from The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland or equivalent.
You should have:
· Specialist knowledge of Environmental Health subject material as it relates to food & workplace safety
· Extensive knowledge of other Environmental Health legislation
· Detailed knowledge of Enforcement Procedures as they relate to Environmental Health issues
· Ability to meet targets and work to deadlines
· Sound organisational ability
· Rational, methodical approach to problem solving
· Ability to work, and lead, effectively within a Team
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent communicator
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain a Basic Disclosure check through Disclosure Scotland.
- How We Work Matters – Our employees are expected to display and promote certain behaviours in the workplace. See How We Work Matters behaviour framework for more information.
- Employee Benefits – Employees have access to a benefits package that offers discounts on a wide range of products and services.
- Social Media – Search for more ‘Fife Council Jobs’ on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
- We are currently shaping our future workstyles however, in light of current advice, we are introducing blended home/office working that will include office access days each week with homeworking for the remainder of your working time
- For further information contact
Lisa McCann, Service Manager Environmental Health (Food & Workplace Safety): email@example.com