Fife Council Reference: FIFE7011
Closing Date: 24 April 2022
Proposed Interview Dates: 9th or 10th May 2022
Salary Range: £34,614 to £38,312
2 Posts 36 Hours per week – Private Sector Housing Section Team
2 Posts 36 Hours per week – Environmental Health (Food & Workplace Safety) Team
As part of your application, you must provide us with a Supporting Statement which outlines to us how your skills and experience make you a good candidate for this vacancy. For more information, check out the How to Apply section of our Career Site. Without a Supporting Statement, your application will not be progressed. Please upload your Supporting Statement at the section marked ‘upload resumé’. Your Supporting Statement must not be a CV. More information is available on our Career site at www.fife.gov.uk/jobs/supportingstatement
To enforce the provisions of various statutes in assisting the Service Manager and Lead Officers in the discharge of Environmental Health functions.
Working within either the Environmental Health (Food & Workplace Safety) Team or the Private Sector Housing Team, you will be required to work on your own and with other team members, to carry out the duties and functions of the team. You will also work with and refer to a range of other Council services and partner organisations.
The main roles of the post will be to carry out the operational and administrative duties within the remit of Environmental Health as allocated to you, including the investigation and enforcement of alleged contraventions of legislation and the inspection of businesses and/or properties in line with statutory requirements. Working out with normal hours is required, including participation in Standby Service covering out of hours incidents & attendance at public meetings etc.
A link to the role profile is provided at the bottom of this advert. It provides more detailed information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
If you meet the essential qualification criteria outlined below, we’d like to hear from you:
- A BSc (Hons) or MSC in Environmental Health and a Diploma in Environmental Health from The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland or equivalent.
You should have:
- Detailed knowledge of Environmental Health subject material as it relates to food & workplace safety and / or housing
- Knowledge of other Environmental Health legislation
- Detailed knowledge of Enforcement Procedures as they relate to Environmental Health issues
- Ability to meet targets and work to deadlines
- Sound organisational ability
- Rational, methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work, and lead, effectively within a Team
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent communicator
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain a Basic Disclosure check through Disclosure Scotland.
- Link to Role Profile Environmental Health Officer
- Link to Advert on Fife Council Website
- How We Work Matters – Our employees are expected to display and promote certain behaviours in the workplace. See How We Work Matters behaviour framework for more information.
- Employee Benefits – Employees have access to a benefits package that offers discounts on a wide range of products and services.
- Social Media – Search for more ‘Fife Council Jobs’ on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
- We are currently shaping our future workstyles however, in light of current advice, we are introducing blended home/office working that will include office access days each week with homeworking for the remainder of your working time
For further information please contact Lisa McCann email@example.com