Proposed Interview Date: Week Commencing 7 August 2023
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: 36 hours per week
Location: Based at Fife House, Glenrothes but working across Fife
As part of your application, you must provide us with a Supporting Statement which outlines to us how your skills and experience make you a good candidate for this vacancy. For more information, check out the How to Apply section of our Career Site. Without a Supporting Statement, your application will not be progressed. Please upload your Supporting Statement at the section marked ‘upload resumé’. Your Supporting Statement must not be a CV. More information is available on our Career site at www.fife.gov.uk/jobs/supportingstatement.
Protective Services currently has a number of Environmental Health Officer vacancies, current opportunities include Food & Workplace Safety and Public Protection.
To enforce the provisions of various statutes in assisting the Service Manager and Lead Officers in the discharge of Environmental Health functions.
Working within the Environmental Health (Food & Workplace Safety) Team or the Environmental Health (Public Protection) Team, you will be required to work on your own and with other team members, to carry out the duties and functions of the team. You will also work with and refer to a range of other Council services and partner organisations.
The main roles of the post will be to carry out the operational and professional duties within the remit of Environmental Health as allocated to you, including the investigation and enforcement of alleged contraventions of legislation and the inspection of businesses and/or properties in line with statutory requirements. Working outwith normal hours is required, including participation in Standby Service covering out of hours incidents & attendance at public meetings etc.
Candidates invited for interview will be asked if they have preferred placement, however, officers may be deployed to a different team on a temporary or permanent basis if required to deliver essential services.
A link to the role profile is provided at the bottom of this advert. It provides more detailed information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
If you meet the essential qualification criteria outlined below, we’d like to hear from you:
- Candidates must hold the REHIS Diploma in Environmental Health or received confirmation from the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) of the equivalency of their qualifications (further information on this process can be obtained by e-mailing email@example.com).
- Applications from candidates sitting their REHIS Diploma in Environmental Health professional exams in September 2023 are welcome.
- We will consider anyone requiring to undertake their practical training to progress to professional exams for the REHIS Diploma in Environmental Health (further information on eligibility can be obtained by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org).
You should have:
- Detailed knowledge of Environmental Health subject material as it relates to food & workplace safety and/or housing.
- Knowledge of other Environmental Health legislation.
- Detailed knowledge of Enforcement Procedures as they relate to Environmental Health issues.
- Ability to meet targets and work to deadlines.
- Sound organisational ability.
- Rational, methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work, and lead, effectively within a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent communicator.
- Role Profile - When preparing your supporting statement, review the role profile and think about how you meet the essential criteria Role Profile
- How We Work Matters - Our employees are expected to display and promote certain behaviours in the workplace. See our How We Work Matters behaviour framework for more information.
- Employee Benefits - Employees have access to a benefits package that offers discounts on a wide range of products and services.
- Directorate Information - Council Department information
- Social Media - Search for more ‘Fife Council Jobs’ on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
We are currently shaping our future workstyles however, we are introducing blended home/office working that will include office access days each week with homeworking for the remainder of your working time.
For further Information please contact: Lisa McCann – email@example.com