The STCA Annual meeting provides an ideal opportunity for those already engaged in tobacco control, smoking related healthcare and health promotion to network with colleagues, review the work of the STCA and put forward ideas for the next cycle of activity starting in September.
If you are new to tobacco control in Scotland or would like to become more involved, this is a perfect introduction to the people and ideas that will shape your work.
Delegates to this year’s meeting will:
- Increase their knowledge of the physical, behavioural and economic effects of smoking on child development
- gain an appreciation of how current and future tobacco control can influence behaviour and tobacco culture
- gain a greater understanding of the links between different strands of public health
- learn how social marketing has been used to influence behaviour in relation to illicit tobacco
- have a personal stake in future STCA activity and early tobacco control policy development.
Thanks to ASH Scotland and Cancer Research UK it really is free.
STCA events are run by the tobacco control community for the tobacco community and rarely are delegates disappointed by either the quality of the educational experience, the information provided or the boost that you get from taking part.
Unfortunately numbers are capped this year at 90, so if you wish to attend register now!
Download a registration form and event information at http://www.ashscotland.org.uk/ash/4046.1166.html