Scientists in the Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences are holding a one day Food Safety course for Managers in the Hospitality Sector on 13th September 2018. They are currently finalising the programme and this will be available soon.
The day will run 9am-5pm and will include a 2-hour practical laboratory session as well as lectures. These will include:
– Principles of food microbiology (Dr Georgios Efthimiou, University of Strathclyde)
– Principles of risk assessment
– Toxic chemicals in the food chain (Ms Jane White, Glasgow City Council)
– Food safety regulations (2018 update) (Mr Patrick Smyth, Food Standards Scotland)
– Food safety precautions (Ms Eilidh Paton, Glasgow City Council)
The course will include an exciting 2-hour microbiology lab session for learning how bacteria and fungi are identified by using a microscope and accurately quantified in food samples.
Registration fee – £100
Refreshments and catering will be included with ample time for networking and discussion. Certificates will be given to both the individual and company (if applicable).
Full details from firstname.lastname@example.org.