The Scottish Government is running two information events on technical and procedural changes for Building Standards which come into force on 1 October 2019.
These events will introduce the following changes and invite discussion on:
· Changes to the building regulations and associated guidance contained in Section 2: Fire of the Technical Handbooks to expand provision for fire safe cladding and action to support the management of an incident by the fire and rescue service;
· Strengthened guidance in the Building Standards Procedural Handbook covering roles and responsibilities of the applicant for a building warrant, the builder or owner and the local authority verifier for achieving compliance with building standards;
· Revisions to the guidance from Local Authority Building Standard Scotland on verification during construction relating to Construction Compliance and Notification Plans;
· A revised Temporary Occupation or Use form which introduces a declaration of compliance; and
· An update on work of the Building Standards Futures Board to deliver transformative change.
To book your place click here.