An introductory course in health protection facilitated by staff from Public Health Scotland, NHS boards and other agencies.
The programme will be of interest to those who are recent appointments to public health and health protection and wish to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of health protection. This includes new public health registrars, environmental health officers, health protection nurses and epidemiologists/health care scientists. It may also be of interest to those undertaking the UK Register for Public Health Specialists.
The course timings and programme will be confirmed shortly, and sessions will be recorded and made available on Turas Learn
Topics to include :
- Structure and function of health protection services both locally and nationally
- Blood borne viruses and sexually transmitted infections
- Gastrointestinal and zoonotic diseases
- Respiratory infections
- Travel and global health
- Healthcare Associated Infection and Antimicrobial Resistance
- Environmental Public Health
- Public Health Microbiology
To submit an application to attend, please click on the link here.
Further communication will follow shortly after your application has been received.
For further information/assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION: Friday 9th September 2022
There will be no charge to attend this course.