Social Security Scotland- Funeral Support Payment Roadshow
As you may be aware, Funeral Support Payment is due to launch late Summer. Funeral Support Payment will provide a one off payment to help people on low income benefits with a contribution towards the cost of a funeral. It will replace the Department for Work and Pensions Funeral Expenses Payment in Scotland.
Social Security Scotland are running a series of roadshows throughout August to tell you all about the new Funeral Support Payment , including the eligibility and how your clients can apply. Social Security Scotland would like to invite you to the following event:
The event is free and ticketed. Tickets will be available on a first come basis from now until close of play on Wednesday 21 August. Unfortunately, we cannot reimburse travel expenses. Please sign up for tickets HERE.
For those of you who may not be able to make it along on the day, we also intend to hold a WebEx presentation. The WebEx will run through the same roadshow content. Please register your interest here. We will contact you with more information closer to the time.
We also intend to hold two teleconferences, on Friday 9 August and Tuesday 20 August. The teleconferences will also run through the same roadshow content. Please register your interest for the 9th August here and the 20th August here. We will contact you with more information closer to the time.
We can arrange British Sign Language Interpreters and Electronic Notetakers if needed to make sure this event is accessible. If you require communication support such as a palantypist, electronic note taker or BSL interpreter, please let us know by Thursday 1st August 2019.
If you book a place after this date, we will do everything we can to have accessible communication support in place but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee it. Social Security Scotland acknowledge the huge demand for accessible communication across Scotland. We do not want to deprive people of these services so we only hire such services if we know they will be required.
If you require adaption support such as Braille or Easy Read documents of the presentation, please contact us as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any dietary needs, please contact us as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com.
If you have any other questions, please contact Francesca Deans by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01382931809 or 07900057357.
For a full programme of events, please see below:
Registration from 10am.
Refreshments available from 10am.
Event begins at 10:30am.
10:30am to 11:15am:
· Background on the transfer of social security powers to Scotland
· Introduction to Social Security Scotland (who we are and what we have done so far)
· Policy and eligibility criteria of benefit
- We will explain our widened eligibility by 40%, including what are the qualifying benefits
- We will talk through the key differences between Funeral Support Payment and DWP’s support
-We will run through what payments clients may receive and how payment may be recovered
- We will explain our decision making process
· We will then hold a Question and Answer session on our policy
· Application process:
- We will have a video run-through of online application and explain what questions clients will be asked
- We will discuss what information clients need to provide
- We will have sample copies of the paper forms available for you to look at.
· We will then hold a Question and Answer session on the application process
We will talk about what to do if a client believes a decision is wrong
· We will talk about our communication and engagement approach
· We will have a showcase of available Comms materials
· We will talk about role of Relationship Leads and National Engagement Team
· We will talk over the ordering process for materials
· We will have a networking session
· There will be an opportunity for you to complete and submit material order forms.