REHIS is established to promote the advancement of Environmental Health for the benefit of all sectors of the community. Environmental Health embraces all aspects of public health, hygiene and safety in all or any of their branches.
In particular the Institute aims to promote:
• improvements to the environment which can have a positive impact on public health or safety.
• safe and healthy housing.
• an environment which is safe and prevents harm to human health.
• good standards of occupational health, safety and hygiene.
• food which is safe, wholesome and accurately described.
• sustainability, locally, nationally and internationally.
• effective education and training to ensure environmental health standards are maintained and improved.
• the resolution of health and environmental health inequalities.
• equitable, practical and consistent regulations and enforcement.
• high standards of professional training and conduct amongst Environmental Health Officers and others engaged in maintaining and promoting health.